I think I will be doing my project on memorial benches. Memorials are statues or structures established to remind people of a person or event. However they also symbolise and reflect cultural values and beliefs.
I have always really liked the idea of memorial benches, so much in fact that instead of a gravestone I would like a bench erected after I die. Cheery thoughts! I haven't made my mind up yet as to where I would like this to be and hopefully there's plenty time to decide. But it did make me think deeper about the idea behind these benches. They do not only keep the memory of our loved ones alive, but their location is particularly important. It does not really matter what stands behind the bench, what really matters is what a person sitting on it sees. Usually this is some lovely scenery, a picturesque castle, a view of the sea. My first thought was that this clearly reflect our need to escape (back) to the countryside. However it is necessary to take more images of benches and analyse their surroundings in order to come to some sound conclusions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment