'Places of Absence' Presentation

Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Deserted glen


This is my second entry for the before and after photos applying the rule-of-thirds. The house stands again in the centre of the frame and the image looks grey. I think my camera 'knew' this isn't quite right.

I had a bit of trouble chosing the second photo. There were two photos which could be chosen as the 'after' photo, and I only just changed my mind about which one to use here.

Here is the first one:

I have put the house more left off centre but still think there is something just not right with this. There is not enough sky left therefore not taking up one third of the picture. The eye is drawn to the house only and the land around it neglected. I much prefer the next one:



This photo shows a better balance between the three horizontal parts. There is still enough sky left and there is also more colour in this photo, and although the house is further away, I feel this image tells more of a story. Like the boat in my first entry, this house belongs in its surroundings. It just feels right, so this is my 'after' image. Please let me know what you think on this one, because the more I look at the two photos the more doubtful I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment